The SPX Corporation is a Fortune 500, multi-industry manufacturing leader with 17.000 employees all over the world. SPX’s Flow Technology segment designs, manufactures and markets engineered solutions and products used to process, blend, and meter and transport fluids. We also offer equipment for air and gas filtration and dehydration. Our leading brands have global operations which service the food & beverage, power and energy and industrial markets.
For our location in Kolding, Denmark we are currently looking for a
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Hybrid Heat Exchangers
(English and Danish speaking)
GENERAL SUMMARY about the position
The position is responsible for creating customized product designs from sketches, marked up prints, verbal or written instructions and/or customer requirements. The Hybrid Design Engineer will provide engineering services required to support Project Managers, sales orders, quotations, design accuracy, and working close with manufacturing department to meet deadlines and to track quality and process. Limited travel may occur between other SPX sites. In periods of availability the role provides support for R&D.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Preparation of strength calculation in accordance to the applicable pressure vessel design code and specific calculation requirements by customer
- Make and validate the final mechanical design of the vessel and provide detailed drawings for design verification and manufacturing in consultation with the welding engineer and the project manager
- Preparation of design documentation (Drawings, BOM’s; stress calculation, welding plans etc.) for approval by Notified body
- Be involved in the hand over from sales to project management, including technical clarifications with customer on the agreed specifications
- Remain involved with the projects through commissioning and support in trouble shooting
- Provide feedback to product management of design improvements or issues
- Assist the Project Manager with customer training, hand over and start up supervision
- Technical pre-order support to sales.
- Able to self-manage multiple tasks
- Good knowledge of Design software; experienced in AutoCAD Inventor and 3-D modeling
- Solid experience in Finite Element (FE)-Analysis and knowledge in strengths calculation and design of pressure vessels
- English and Danish fluently
- Interest in working with relevant norms i.e.: European Pressure Norm (PED), American Pressure Norm (A.S.M.E.), Chinese Pressure Norm (GB150)
- Knowledge about the different design codes for pressure vessels
- Excellent problem solving ability, able to identify issues and provide suggestions on solutions
- Experienced user of MS Office software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Educational background as Mechanical Engineer or comparable
- Several years of related work experience, preferable in pressure vessel designs
- Interest/experience in working in an international environment dealing with international customers
- Preferable previous experience within the oil & gas, chemical and/or petrochemical industry
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your e-mail application to: Alexandra Boos, HR Recruiter,******
We look forward to getting your application.
For further information please refer to http://www.apv.com/us/products/heatexchangers/hybrid/APV+Hybrid.asp
The hybrid heat exchanger is a fully welded plate heat exchanger, designed especially for high pressures and temperature applications providing high heat transfer for gases as well as at fluids. The hybrids high heating surface density (up to 250m²/m³) provides for a very compact design adaptable for customer’s specific applications in the chemical, power and oil and gas industries, operating in high temperature or high pressure hazardous applications. The overall size of customized hybrid varies from 5m² up to 8000m² which can be supplied in different materials, as well as different regulatory pressure vessel codes such as PED, A.S.M.E., and GB150.
The product is distributed globally and frames are manufactured in Europe and China. During quotation and before manufacturing, the pressure retaining parts need to be designed to meet regulatory standards and require a specialized design engineer capable of providing mechanical design for the major pressure retaining components and connections working directly with sales the welding engineer and a 3rd party for final design verification to the pressure vessel codes.